Have you ever believed in yourself? Did your parents ever believe in you? For me it did not happen, ever. But sometimes life has shown me good results.
When I was in primary school my progress was very slow. My older brother was an excellent pupil. All of my parents’ efforts, especially my mother’s, were directed to his progress when he started school. When I entered school the next year, I think my parents were tired of this activity. The care of my progress was the obligation of my brother. But I did not want to obey him. I only wanted him to read fairy tales to me while lying on the sofa. As a result my progress worsened.   I even had the worst rating in reading and math! My teacher rated my actions as unsatisfactory! I don’t understand why, but I was also very shy. I feared her.
My family finally became interested in my progress. I remember one evening my entire family was busy helping me with my math homework, in different places in our apartment!
My class then started a new, more difficult math program. It was good exercise for my older brother, for my mother (she was a bookkeeper) and for my father, who was an engineer.
Unbelievably, my progress had grown! Finally math - especially geometry - had become my favorite subject! I could even help my classmates understand it!
I didn’t go to medical school directly after high school.   I was interested in medicine but my teacher told me that  I should not go into the medicine. Maybe she thought me squeamish and I could not be taught medicine. She was surprised to know I worked at an anatomy department during my studentship.

After I became a doctor, I ended up consulting and treating her!  That is progress!
Sujok is a fairly recent Asian therapy, like accupuncture.  One part of this therapy is called “Twist Therapy”.  When I decided to work at the International Su jok academy in Moscow, my colleagues did not think I could learn this technique and introduce it to other people. But they were wrong.  I DID understand the main point of this unique study and have conducted many seminars on the subject.  In fact, my work in Twist Therapy and treating arterial hypertension has been published! I was very surprised to see my name listed as one of the authors!
One time my chief shared with me an example of her practice.  An obese woman came to her for treatment of her knee joints. My chief told her the treatment would not be effective because of her weight, and expressed her doubt that the patient could lose weight. Later, this patient came back for treatment. Now she was slender! She had taken special laugh therapy which helped her lose the weight!
I think excessive praise causes pride and stops emotional progress. My parents did not give us much praise. Usually they were calm, and did not express any pride in our progress and successes.  
Little children usually perceive life without thinking about it. In the beginning, their entire world is the mother and the womb. After, it becomes their family and house, then it becomes their friends, city, etc. Their little world is developing like an expanding spiral and expands their capacity. 
The right expressed doubt can help overcome some psychological complex and expand one’s abilities. 
Will you love your enemies because they stimulate you to action? Doubt is sometimes a very good stimulant to prove the opposite. All our enemies and unfriendly people are our teachers.
In any process there is some moment you want to quit and think it will not work.  You need to push through this moment and continue on your way. This is not easy. I had such moments many times.

It does not matter whether or not somebody believes in you.  Your abilities are more than you or they consider. Action is more valuable than empty arguments. Results come from action. If noone believes in you, don’t pay attention. Simply act, and the results will come. Believe in yourself, the rewards will be more than you expect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twist can lower your high blood pressure

Su jok for you

Twist walking to get in shape